Saturday, February 20, 2021

Nearing 80 years of age.

 

At age 80, what are your expectations?

 My 78 Th birthday is quickly approaching so I checked the actuarial tables at social security as I do before every birthday. I want to see how much longer the charts say I have.

 

 

 

Actuarial Life Table

a 78 year old woman statistically has about 11 years of life left.

80 looks very close to me right now. I’m not one to hurry time; I’m pretty philosophical.

But there’s something about 80 that has had an effect on me.

As for expectations -I really don’t “future trip” either. I quit having expectations when I was in an auto accident in 1994 that completely changed my life. I had a lot of hopes, plans and expectations when I was younger but the accident, combined with my husbands death in 2004 angled me away from expectations.

I live a day at a time now. I suspect I’ll continue to live a day at a time in the future.

I live with chronic pain and never know from day to day how I’m going to feel.

Guess I really didn’t answer your question did I?

No comments: